The content of this website is the copyright of World Nexus Publications © 2008-2011
On the night of 2nd July 1947, Mac Brazel a rancher near Corona, New Mexico, had heard a loud crash during one of New Mexico’s severe thunderstorms. The following day Mac decided he’d go out riding with the son of his neighbors Floyd to check on their sheep. They found the sheep skittish when they found them as the faced what looked like someone had dumped garbage in the desert. Yet it made the sheep uncomfortable and they maintain a good distance. What they found was a field of debris scattered for about 3/4 of a mile long, and 300 feet wide; in a southeast to northwest direction. The debris ended at a deep gouge in the northwest end of it. At which there was a tear in the ground at least 500 feet long and 10 feet wide, looking much like whatever object had hit the ground, had hit with a tremendous force, disintegrating it on impact. In its wake it  all that remained were small fragments debris consisting mostly a narrow I-beams like material and dull gray pieces of a very light weight metal that were about as thick as a sheet of paper. None of the fragments were much larger than 6 or 7 inches in length. Some of the metal pieces were much thinner than the rest, resembling aluminum foil, the material could not be torn, broken apart, cut, or burnt. Fascinated Mac Brazel and the boy collected several samples of the debris and went back to his ranch to file a report with the sheriff. The day next day the sheriff contacted Roswell Army Air Field, headquarters for the 509th Bomb Group, and spoke with Intelligence Officer, Major Jesse Marcel of the 509th and a few other military personal arrived from the base to meet with the sheriff and Brazel, after a few minutes and a short conversation with the witness they all left to examine the crash site. Marcel and Senior Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC) agent, Captain Sheridan Cavitt, followed the rancher off-road to his place where they all spent the nigh. Marcel inspected a large sample of debris that Brazel had taken from the pasture totally fascinated. Monday morning of 7 July 1947, Major Jesse Marcel took his first step onto the debris field, remarking later that "something... must have exploded above the ground and fell to earth." As Brazel, Cavitt and Marcel inspected the field, Marcel was determined the direction from which the object came and which direction it was headed. It was an obvious pattern where you could tell where the object made initial contact with the ground and where it ended up, by looking at the impact groove. According to Marcel, he picked up a small bit of metal and held a cigarette lighter to see if the material would burn. "I lit the cigarette lighter to some of this stuff and it didn't burn." he said. Marcel describes the weightless I-beam-like structures that were only 3/8" x 1/4" wide, all short pieces, that would neither bend nor break. Some of these I-beams had a series of indecipherable characters along their length, in two colors. Marcel also describes in his original report that the metal debris was thinner than the thickness of tin foil, but totally indestructible. After gathering enough debris to fill his staff car, Major Marcel decided to stop by his home on the way back to the base to show his family the unusual debris. He'd never seen anything quite like it. "I didn't know what we were picking up. I still don't know what it could not have been part of an aircraft, nor part of any kind of weather balloon or experimental balloon...I've seen rockets... sent up at the White Sands Testing Grounds. It definitely was not part of an aircraft or missile or rocket." On July 8, 1947, a press release stating that the wreckage of a crashed disk had been recovered was issued by the Commander of the 509th, Colonel. William Blanchard. At 11:00 a.m. Walter Haut, the public relations officer, finished the press release he'd been ordered to write, and gave copies of the release to the two local radio stations at both of the local newspapers. By 2:26 pm. The story was picked up immediately by the Associated Press Wire Service: "The Army Air Forces here today announced a flying disk had been found" As calls began to pour into the base from all over the world, what was a flying saucer turns into a balloon. It should be understood that since there has never been the slightest shred of REAL evidence to support this story, with the exception of July 8 and 9, 1947, in the newspapers, the incident was all but forgotten and pretty much faded from memory. That is until a press releases and statements resurfaced in 1978 when a ufologist interviewed USAF Major Jesse Marcel about his role in the event. After that many other reports, statements, and subsequent rumors surfaced throughout the 1980's, an the United States Air Force began to take official reports in 1995 and 1997 on the incident, and dismissed any claims of an alien encounter and subsequent cover-up. Whatever proof in the form of records, photos, and witness statements, makes it very clear what was actually recovered. What remains of a highly-classified prototype (an aerial spying device), nicknamed MOGUL, which was flown out of the area with a series of weather balloons and foil radar reflectors, never to be seen or heard of again. Because of all the suspicions and secret government conspiracy theories about the incident, and the lack of any new evidence, many still doubt the legitimacy of the ‘official’ reports from the government, nor will accept it as proof. So it is highly unlikely that the theories of an alien UFO crash outside Roswell, will ever go away. Don’t Have DivX? Click Here to Get it!